- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Sep 21 2019 - Sep 22 2019
- Time: 09:00 - 17:00
Time9:00AM TO 5:00PM EACH DAY
Positive Attitude and Positive Performance And Training to Trial – Success in the Ring! A Two-Day seminar presented by Petra Ford, PT, CCRT
Positive Attitude and Positive Performance will cover the following:
- Positive training methods create confident, upbeat AND accurate dogs in training and in the ring.
- Put the JOY back into training.
- Clear criteria with clear communication = confidence
- Creating “want to” instead of “have to.”
- Problem solving is empowering.
- Managing drive state for optimal learning and ring performance.
- Your dog CAN and SHOULD exhibit “the utmost in willingness and enjoyment.”
Training to Trial will cover the following:
- Handler Preparation
- Winning Warm-ups
- Handling for Success
- Powerful Pre-Cues
- Transitions, Transitions, Transitions
- Training for Mental Endurance
- Problem Solving
Petra’s dogs are known for their attitude, consistency, and accuracy in the ring. Petra has trained and trialed her Labrador retrievers in Obedience, Agility, Field and Nosework.
Petra and Tyler were the two-time National Obedience Champions in 2008 and 2009 and first runner up in 2010. Petra and Tyler placed second in 2010 in the Obedience World Cup at Crufts, and became the first American team to win the Obedience World Cup at Crufts in 2012.
Currently she is competing in the Master’s level in agility with Zaidan. Zeal has earned his OTCH. He was the second runner up at the 2017 National Obedience Championship and won the Masters Division at the Eukanuba Class in 2017.